Well Alita: Battle Angel, the movie about a little cyborg that could, has captured the hearts of many during its theatrical run and is now out on home release, exciting more folks for a continuation of the story… a sequel. We don’t currently know how many years it will be before we find out what happens next in the movie Alitaverse (which has it’s differences from the manga Alitaverse). There are also a lot of hints and foreshadowing in the Prequel and Alita Battle Angel novelisations, as well as the major story arcs in the manga that are likely to be covered next: Motorball arc climax and Zapan arc.
With all that in mind, I’ve decided to conduct an experiment of sorts. I am writing a fanfic version of the next movie in the franchise – Alita: Fallen Angel. Now I’m no published author, but I have completed 3 novels in the modern fantasy and sci-fi horror genres, so I’m going to turn my wordsmithing to this new endeavor.
And I’d like you to come along with me.
I’m happy to have comment, suggestion, even downright disagreement about what I choose to include and where I chose to take the narrative. I know there are as many opinions on where the next story should go as there are fans of the Alitaverse. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy reading it as much as I am writing it.
At least it will fill in all that time before Rodriguez and Cameron give us their version.
So come back to Iron City with me. We have a damaged Angel who is hell bent on completing her mission, even if it is 300 years late!
Alita: Fallen Angel Fanfic Novel (in progress)
***Important note: I’ve just found out when I did an update on chapter 2 some time ago the first few pages didn’t come over. I’ve just now added them back [2020.02.02] so if chapter 2 didn’t make sense to you when you read it, it now has the complete text. Sorry about that!***
- Prologue [released 20th May 2019]
- Chapter 1 – What’s In a Number? [released 21st June 2019]
- Chapter 2 – To Put a Foot Wrong [released 21st August 2019] – [missing text added 2nd Feb 2020]
- Chapter 3 – Perceptions and Realizations [released 20th September 2019]
- Chapter 4 – The Will of Warriors I [released 20th October 2019]
- Chapter 5 – The Will of Warriors II [released 27th October 2019]
- Chapter 6 – After the Crowds Depart [released 28th November 2019]
- Chapter 7 – Forlorn Hope [released 25th December 2019]
- Chapter 8 – Reconciliation [released 25th January 2020]
Author’s Note: I do not make any claim on the IP of Alita: Battle Angel, the characters used here as a homage to the original (movie, novels, OVA or Manga), nor intend to make any money from this fanfic. Consider it free advertising, and getting the fandom interested in a sequel. Which we all want. So much so I’m writing one myself!
And to Cameron’s Lawyers – please don’t shut me down!